Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

Board index General Discussion

General Discussion

Am I A Nutty Guru Or What? (Satsang)

This is where to post topics that do not fall into any of the below chapters. please post there whenever possible. If you cannot decide where to post, post here and your topic may be moved to the appropriate chapter as deemed relevant.

Moderator: milarepa

Am I A Nutty Guru Or What? (Satsang)

Postby Rick » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:41 am

Has anybody read this epic 63 page satsang titled "Am I A Nutty Guru Or What"? If so would anybody like to make a commentary on it, because this is a teaching in itself! James mentions it on the Atma Bodh talks and I was keen to take a look. I'm so glad I did!

Brilliant and highly recommended.

Thanks again Ramji
Rick

Re: Am I A Nutty Guru Or What? (Satsang)

Postby Stan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:38 am

Hi Rick,

I`ve got this satsang in one of my many satsang files.

http://www.shiningworld.com/site/files/pdfs/satsangs/Am_I_a_Nutty_Guru_or_What.pdf

Yes, I agree, it`s " brilliant and highly recommended" as you say. All the satsangs are teachings in themselves...which is the point of them, of course.

It would be hard to "make a commentary" on this satsang as it`s so long and all encompassing. It`s a commentary on the self, after all.
If you have a particular aspect of it that you want to inquire into, fire away !
Stan

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:12 pm

I downloaded and read this satsang. Although James made no claim to 'sainthood' during this discourse, I think he should be nominated for one! I have to admire his tenacity for sticking it out for 60+ pages in hope his correspondent would actually shut up, listen and understand the point he was making.

Vote SAINT JAMES 2016 :lol:
Andrew

Postby Mira » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:09 pm

I wish St. James was on my ballot!
I had the same reaction as you, Andrew when I tried to read the satsang. Ramji is a truly patient teacher.
Mira

Return to General Discussion

Login

User Menu