Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

Board index General Discussion

General Discussion

What do you want....

This is where to post topics that do not fall into any of the below chapters. please post there whenever possible. If you cannot decide where to post, post here and your topic may be moved to the appropriate chapter as deemed relevant.

Moderator: milarepa

What do you want....

Postby milarepa » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:16 am

What do you want?

Happiness? More money? A long life perhaps? Each of us wants something. Even the enjoyment of being content is wanting something, provided you wish for the contentment to continue. And who wouldn't?

Why do you want what you want?

We are always chasing. Chasing the next item, after item. There is an incessant, maybe insatiable appetite to want. To desire. To possess. But why do we have it? What happens when we get that which we seek? We do we feel the way we do? And..

Why does the item lose it's seeming power to satisfy?

Is life always to be like this? And endless dog chasing it's tale, seeking fulfillment in anything. Everything. It's a banal existence, if that is all there is to it.

Warmest wishes
Wayne

Warmest wishes
Wayne
milarepa

Re: What do you want....

Postby Tom » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 am

Haha its crazy isn't it!!!
I want more money so I chase after it thinking that it will complete me. So I get a better job and I now have more money. Now I spend more money and my lifestyle adjusts to my new salary. So I have a bigger mortgage and huge car loan so now I want even more money so I can pay for them and also buy some more stuff. But I get so confused because I was convinced that more money would bring me happiness. Sadly though as soon as I got what I wanted I just want something else. And so it continues!
Until I work out that everything I seek everything because I believe it will make me happy
Tom

Re: What do you want....

Postby Mira » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Ha! Ha! Tom, nicely put. It's even funnier when you realize you are happiness itself :D.
Mira

Return to General Discussion

Login

User Menu