Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

Board index General Discussion

General Discussion

'Tis the season......

This is where to post topics that do not fall into any of the below chapters. please post there whenever possible. If you cannot decide where to post, post here and your topic may be moved to the appropriate chapter as deemed relevant.

Moderator: Wayne

'Tis the season......

Postby Mira » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 pm

This time of year, newspapers and magazines seem to bring out year-end issues on topics such as Happiness, New Years resolutions etc...

It's really quite interesting to read their solutions for happiness.... ranging from mindfulness to exercise to de-cluttering. While these are all valid in terms of getting a calm mind, ultimately, happiness does not lie in objects of any kind. I should know, I was a bit of a connoisseur of self-help books for a while ;) .

The only way to genuine, permanent happiness is through self-knowledge. To know with absolute certainty that you are the limitless, whole, actionless, undisturbed, ordinary, non-dual awareness that illuminates all objects, including yourself. Once you understand this, then happiness is never far away, no matter what is going on in maya.

Happiness is simply our innate nature and Vedanta is there to help us claim it.
And whether or not you run that marathon really has nothing to do with it :D.

Happy New Year!
Mira
Mira

Re: 'Tis the season......

Postby DavidStoroy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:11 am

I wish you a happy new year even we are not something new or old. I am ever present Awareness :)
DavidStoroy

Postby Mira » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:27 am

I am awareness :D.

Happy New Year, David and all the wonderful folks at SW.
Mira

Postby Stan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Happy New year to you Mira, David and all at shiningworld !

Happiness is simply our innate nature and Vedanta is there to help us claim it.
And whether or not you run that marathon really has nothing to do with it

Great teaching.....I`m definitelly not going to run that marathon then ! :-)
Uh oh, forgot about the "whether or not" part. darn it..... Ha ha ....

Happy new year to one and all.
Stan

Postby Mira » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:32 am

Happy New Year, Stan.

Running is terrific for self-inquiry/assimilation etc... So maybe you should sign up for the marathon ;). But I would recommend running in the countryside, myself :).
Mira

Postby Stan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Thanks for the tip Mira. Unfortunately, at my time of life, any serious running
would jog the good old five elements into oblivion.
If it comes to a tortoise and hare scenario, i`m with the tortoise on this one. :-)
Stan

Return to General Discussion

Login

User Menu