Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

Chapter XIV: The Enlightened Person

Saint versus Enlightened Being

Enlightenment Sickness, A Fallen Yogi, The Blades of a Fan, Self-Realization/Self-Actualization, The Self-Actualized Person.

Moderator: milarepa

Saint versus Enlightened Being

Postby georgschiller » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi guys,

James and me made a couple of videos on the topic 'Frequently Asked Questions'.
The following video is about the (Western) misconception that an enlightened being is supposed to behave like a saint.

I think it is a very important topic!
Enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/jz4GfFOp9Ag
georgschiller

Re: Saint versus Enlightened Being

Postby Vinay » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi Georg,

I like these kind of Q&A videos. Make more videos like this if possible.

Vinay
Vinay

Postby Stan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:38 am

Hi Georg,

I second Vinay....more of these short videos please !

Thanks for the good work. If you can keep the requests
list easy to see, that would be great.
Stan

Postby Anja » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:03 pm

georgschiller wrote:Hi guys,

James and me made a couple of videos on the topic 'Frequently Asked Questions'.
The following video is about the (Western) misconception that an enlightened being is supposed to behave like a saint.

I think it is a very important topic!
Enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/jz4GfFOp9Ag

In my definition, the difference between a saint and a jnani is that the saint does not know he or she is a saint, untill he or she does get to know it. Then the saint becomes a jnani also.

On the other hand, a jnani, a Self/self-realized being, is not neccessarily a saint. A jnani is one who knows who/what he or she is. That's all. It can be an asura, being Self/self-realized, or it can be a saint being Self/self-realized.

And I don't think that Self/self-realized asuras neccessarily are of no benefit or of no value, IF they know they are merely Self/self-realized asuras and communicate that fact properly. Else they are just this: Nasty and self-absorbed pretenders, who think themselfs being enlightented while they are just asuras (demonic entitys) pretending to be wise and beneficial while they are just not.
Anja

Return to Chapter XIV: The Enlightened Person

Login

User Menu