Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Living with Ramji

This includes our endorsed teachers. Non dual quotations by other teachers which fit well with vedanta are encouraged here.
Postings by other non dual teachers which show no direct relevance to the teachings of Vedanta, may be removed.

Moderator: milarepa

Living with Ramji

Postby georgschiller » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:32 am

Stan asked me how my time with James was?

James indeed is very easy to be with, casual and ordinary. He is also very flexible, open-minded and full with stories to tell. He enjoys life, has many exciting plans for the future and is open to new ways and ideas. He has a macrocosmic view on the world and does not get affected by what happens in mithya. In general, he enjoys comfort and is very self-confident, whatever (apparently) comes towards him.
Christian Leeby in the September 2016 Newsletter described it perfectly:

"If you’ve never spent time with James alone, it’s easy, casual, very ordinary. He is an absolute genius in every aspect of life, as far as I can tell, with one outstanding feature that makes him the pinnacle of teachers: he never tries to be a saint. He knows his jiva, the person he appears as, is simply mithya, impermanent, ultimately unreal and limited, and he never gives it any bother. That said, he has per¬fect nididhyasana and continues to polish his mind for his own enjoyment.
I can’t emphasize this enough, because most of us have burdened ourselves with “personal de¬velopment” for years and years, thinking we had to make the person perfect to get our enlighten¬ment. Much of it helped us drop some baggage here and there, but at the end of the day it came from self-judgment, not self-love, and further reinforced the insidious, destructive tendency to think of ourselves as incomplete.
James impeccably models an integration of three elements you should observe and emulate if you want both enlightenment and a beautiful daily life. He has a very serious attitude toward self-inquiry, a responsible and vigilant managing of his jiva-mind for his own enjoyment and a complete tolerance for all the pissy little daily crap that’s simply not worth bothering with.
He knows who he is. He continues to polish his mind, for nobody’s sake but his own. And he doesn’t give a shit about anything else, especially what anyone thinks about him. He perfectly models how serving yourself, for the sake of yourself, is the key to owning and enjoying your birthright and simultaneously serving the world around you."
georgschiller

Re: Living with Ramji

Postby Mira » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Great stuff. Thanks Georg.

While I (eagerly wait for and) enjoy all the SW newsletters, I thought that September's newsletter was really something special.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Sundari :D.
Mira

Return to VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Login

User Menu