Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

Board index FACEBOOK ARCHIVE

FACEBOOK ARCHIVE

Baghavad Gita chapter 9. The King Of Secrets.

This is the place where selected topics posted on James` facebook page called " Advaita Vedanta with James Swartz & Shiningworld " can be found.
Facebook topics disappear quickly but here some of the more interesting ones can be stored. This being for future further inquiry as the topics can be readily accessed here. Here is the facebook page link ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/JamesSwartzVedanta/

Moderator: Wayne

Baghavad Gita chapter 9. The King Of Secrets.

Postby Stan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi Friends,
This is the first of the archived topics taken from James` facebook page. more will be added in the near future. It is necessary to have a facebook account to be able to view and participate in this topic.
There were many participants taking part including our endorsed teacher Arlindo. It is possible to jump into this topic at any time as it will not disappear from view in the way topics always do on facebook.
Here is the link to this particular topic ....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JamesSw ... 055077587/

And here is the opening description , ready for discussion....

FROM THE BAGHAVAD GITA ....

CHAPTER 9

The King of Secrets
1. Krishna said, ‘Because your heart is pure I will explain clearly and in detail the secret and immediate knowledge which will release you from inauspiciousness.

This easily accomplished knowledge, the king of all knowledges and secrets, is not opposed to dharma. It is the greatest purifier. Those who lack faith in Self knowledge, do not realize Me and remain caught in the whirlpool of samsara.

4. I cannot be experienced yet I pervade the whole universe. Everything has its being in Me but I am free of everything. No beings exist in Me.
Such is my nature that although I create and sustain all things and beings, I stand apart from them. As the wind travels everywhere in space, all beings live and move in me.

The Unmanifest

7. At the end of the creation cycle all beings return to my Unmanifest and I will them to emerge from it again at the beginning of the creation cycle. With the aid
of the Unmanifest, which I control, I create all beings over and over irrespective of their wishes.
O! Arjuna, no karmas bind Me. I am unconnected and indifferent to them. Because I shine on the Unmanifest, sentient beings and insentient objects are created and are subject to constant change.

16. I am the sacrificial ritual and the sacred fire. I am the offerings, the sacred chants and the ones who chant. I am mother and father of the universe. I am the uncaused cause.
I sustain and nourish everything.

I am what is to be known and the great purifier. I am Om and I am the Vedas. I am the nourisher and sustainer of everything. I am the results of all actions and the giver of the results.
I am the witness and that for which everything strives. I am the refuge and the friend of all.

From me the whole creation evolves and into Me it is resolved.
Everything has its being in Me. I am the impershisable seed. I am the heat in the sun. I withhold and release the rains. I am death and immortality. I am the cause and the effect, O! Arjuna.

27. I happily receive a pure hearted offering no matter how humble: a leaf, flower, fruit, even a drop of water. Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever rituals you perform, whatever you give, or whatever religious discipline you
follow, Arjuna, please do it as an offering to Me.

This will release you from desireable and undesireable karmas. This karma yoga attitude will endow your
mind with the spirit of renunciation and you will come to Me.

Chapter 10
The Glories of the Self

9. Those whose minds are fixed on Me, who live by what they see, who teach one another and talk continually about Me are always satisfied because they revel in Me.

I grant the vision of non-duality to those who seek me with love and deep commitment. Out of compassion I extinguish the dark thoughts of limitation with the shining lamp of Self knowledge.”
Stan

Re: Baghavad Gita chapter 9. The King Of Secrets.

Postby Wayne » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 pm

It is a terrific post, with terrific meaning.

I'd like to start things off with this part..

Stan wrote:This easily accomplished knowledge...

I'm wondering what anyones views are regarding what Krishna is sharing here?

Warmest wishes

Wayne
So how do I live my life? ‘Be’ the absolute reality and enjoy the appearing-reality. Simple.

Ramiji
Wayne

Return to FACEBOOK ARCHIVE

Login

User Menu