Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Video or recording of Ted Schmidt?

This includes our endorsed teachers. Non dual quotations by other teachers which fit well with vedanta are encouraged here.
Postings by other non dual teachers which show no direct relevance to the teachings of Vedanta, may be removed.

Moderator: milarepa

Video or recording of Ted Schmidt?

Postby georgschiller » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:46 am

Hello shining people!

I have just heard that Ted Schmidt is going to host the India retreat 2016. Since I am fairly new to shiningworld, I have got no idea who Ted Schmidt is. I am very sure that he is an excellent teacher with a great knowledge of Vedanta. Despite that, I would like to listen to him first before I would sign up.

Does anybody has a recording or video of Ted Schmidt so that it's possible to get a first impression of him and his teaching style?

That would be fantastic!

Best,
Georg
georgschiller

Re: Video or recording of Ted Schmidt?

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi Georg,
I've not seen any video recordings of Ted Schmidt. However, he has kindly replied to several questions that I've had. He is an excellent writer who uses language very precisely, which makes me think he will be an articulate speaker. I had a fundamental doubt about the teachings which I wrote to Ted about. His reply was so carefully worded that the logic became instantly apparent to me and it cleared up my doubt.

I hope they tape Ted's talks and post them on the website. I'd love to be able to listen to them. Have a safe trip, if you go.

Mira
Mira

Postby Vinay » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 pm

I also haven't seen any of Ted Schmidt's videos. I don't think he has made any.

However Georg you can learn more about him on his website: http://www.nevernotpresent.com/about/
Vinay

Postby SAtCHItaNanda » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi Georg,

The latest Shining World newsletter has a synopsis of the Bhagavad Gita by Ted Schmidt http://www.shiningworld.com/site/files/ ... E_2015.pdf

Having browsed his website (http://www.nevernotpresent.com), he no doubt seems to be a Gnyani. I am considering going too.

Sachin
I am - therefore I think.
SAtCHItaNanda

Return to VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Login

User Menu