Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

Board index General Discussion

General Discussion

Happy New Year 2017

This is where to post topics that do not fall into any of the below chapters. please post there whenever possible. If you cannot decide where to post, post here and your topic may be moved to the appropriate chapter as deemed relevant.

Moderator: Wayne

Happy New Year 2017

Postby georgschiller » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:30 pm

I wish you guys all a great new year!
We saw lots of posts in 2016! Among the topics I enjoyed most were Lifestyle Yoga, Karma & Dharma Yoga and Devotion and of course discussing Ramji's book on "Essence of Enlightenment"!

I personally enjoy very much our interactions and especially the heart warming atmosphere in this forum!

Special thanks goes to Stan! Thanks for cleaning up the forum and contributing in such great length.
I also send out deep thanks to Mira and Arlindo for their continuous contribution to the forum :)

Let's continue our great discussions in 2017 :)

With Love!
Om and Prem

Here is one of my favorite topics we discussed in 2016: Death and Deep Sleep
and Devotional Experiences and Neuroscience

Re: Happy New Year 2017

Postby Mira » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi Georg,
Thanks for your lovely email and for all that you do for us!
A very, very Happy 2017 to you and all my dear friends on the SW forum. I am truly looking forward to another enlightening year. :D.

Much love,

Postby Pedro » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:22 am

Hi Mira & Georg & Stan & everybody else,

I wish for everyone a steady stream of scripture-induced bliss, Oreo-cookies and prawn dumplings for 2017. Let our road to freedom be paved with shrimp!

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Happy New Year forum friends...one and all. participants and otherwise :-)

I`m really looking forward to further and deeper participation on this shiningworld forum site of ours and am very pleased how it is developing . it`s a pleasure to have our new friends joining us.

I can`t remember who brought up the study group idea at the moment... Mira ? but either way, it was a great idea and i`m really looking forward to going through some of the more `challenging` chapters although they are all of equal importance.

All further new ideas are very much welcome. I believe that over time, we could leave a valid insight into how vedanta is taught and assimilated with our `real life` experiences and contributions to the forum. This would of course be an integral part of shiningworld which will certainly leave a wonderful legacy of vedanta teaching in the west for very many years to come.

I think that we are truly blessed to play a part in this heritage that will go on after we are no longer here. I give heartfelt thanks to be associated with James, Sundari, the teachers and every one of us in our offshoot of the vedanta sampradaya.
Onwards and upwards, as they say !

Our new moderator..Wayne Harrison, is something of a forum whizz and he says he`s got a lot of ideas to go over when he`s got his `feet under the table` and we can look forward to that.

One idea i`m hoping to impliment is to import from our facebook site some of the really good posts and satsangs there. James has been pretty active there of late as has Arlindo. There have been some great discussions which I have been saving. It`s a shame to see the really good topics disappear so quickly there, as is the way with facebook. I`m hoping to import them here so that those that don`t follow our site on facebook can see the good material and also be spared the rajasic outbursts that occur there from time to time. These posts can make good subjects for us to participate in and take further here without the fear of them getting lost `in the ether`that is the constant change of facebook where posts are not archived.

I apologise for being `off forum` just lately but i`ve come down with the mother of all head colds.....back in harness in a day or two ....

Thank you for your kind words folks and the offer of `oreo-cookies from Pedro. never could see the attraction of them....must be purely an American thing. ;-) still, in an emergency ....

Love and best wishes to you all. :-)

Postby Andrew » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Happy New Year to everyone at SW!

Best wishes,

PS Sign me up for Oreos. They make a nice accompaniment to a good cup of espresso.

Postby Pedro » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Thanks Stan. I can definitely understand your feelings towards the Oreo cookie. I must admit that if I were in the upper ranks of Oreo's visual department, there wouldn't be any Pedro signatures on the contract for the black exterior of the cookie! That policy is just insane!

I agree there's a definitive overall Yankee feel. There's just no way you could picture an Oreo cookie driving a Fiat Punto. It'd be sitting in a pick up truck drinking barbecue saus from a comboyboot!

However, when I think about the last time I actually ate an Oreo-cookie, there's sensations of orgasmic proportions shooting up my cheeks so I seem to be in it mostly for the taste!

Andrew your combo sounds very attractive! If ever I'm in the US of A and in your neighboorhood we should definitely hit a coffeebar, get twelve of those combos and go through the roof!!

Return to General Discussion

User Menu