Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & UPDATES.

BREAKING NEWS. SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER.

Moderator: milarepa

BREAKING NEWS. SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER.

Postby Stan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:18 am

BREAKING NEWS ......

Sign up for the newsletter. An important teaching on the meaning of the great Vedanta lineage will be unfolded in the next newsletter out within the week.

Here is the link for the newsletter sign up page. It also contains the archive of all of the past newsletters.

http://www.shiningworld.com/site/index.php/newsletter
Stan

Re: BREAKING NEWS. SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER.

Postby Mira » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:21 am

Thanks for the heads up on the newsletter. It feels good to be back on the forum. Thanks for your efforts, Stan :D.
Mira

Postby Andrew » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi Stan & Mira!

Glad we are operational again. Looking forward to getting back to study & dicussion.

Best wishes,

Andrew
Andrew

Postby georgschiller » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:27 am

Yes good to see you guys again!
I must say that during the time the forum was off I spent more time reading the satsangs! There are some fabulous ones, including the one with the Native American and chief-know-it-all!!

http://www.shiningworld.com/site/satsang/read/3112
georgschiller

Postby Mira » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:04 am

Now that the forum is back--we can get the study group back on track too. How about Feb/March for Chapter 3 of Essence of Enlightenment?

I'm really looking forward to reading it. Specially as I have some time off to do it--as I have a cold. Hope everyone is well!
Mira
Mira

Postby Stan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:04 am

Hi All,

It`s great to have the forum back again !

Thanks for your kind words Mira and it`s good to see those familiar faces again. :-)
Where are you now Georg ? You seem to be showing up all over the world ! any goodies to tell us about ? any idea if Ramji`s verbal recording of his `E of E` book is anywhere nearer to completion ?
I heard that we`ve got 2 `Gunas` books to look foreward to. one by Sundari and one by Ramji. Definitely looking forward to that !

By the way, if we get any new mischievous trolls show up, can mods ban them without mercy please. if in doubt and i`m not around at the time, please send me a pm. my email address is also shown in my details.

Arlindo said he is still happy to answer serious vedanta related questions so we`re very fortunate there.

I think that`s it for the `mo. catch you all later. :-)
Stan

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 am

YAY! Looks like we also have troll control on the forum now :D!

Indeed--where in the world is Georg now ;) Would love to hear more from you, Georg about your trip to India and other places. Are you still there?

Two books on the gunas--really Looking forward to them. I heard a recent analogy by Swami Paramarthananda where he talks about the three gunas being braided (like the three strands of a braid) into the fabric of the material universe. Loved that analogy.
Mira

Postby georgschiller » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi guys,

yes, I am back in Bavaria. I arrived a week ago, after I have been to Ramjis seminar, visited Arsha Vidya Anaikatti Ashram, Chinmaya mission (bought Wanderings in the Himalayas) and hang out with Arlindo and wife after Ramji and Sundari left :)

It was fantastic, on top of that I had a nightmare of a return flight which brought forward a deep vasana which previously had been working undetected, namely "I am not relaxed and I cannot handle problems". This nightmarish event brought the Vasana to the forefront and with some work now I am about to turn this Vasana around and rise like the Phoenix out of the Ashes :)

Regarding the audiobook, it is basically finished apart from four pages which have not been recorded. So James needs to record those pages and then the audiobook is basically finished! But for now, I think he is quite busy getting healthy again :) So, that is number one priority :)

What else can I tell you?

I am not sure, Life is Good, that is all for now :)

:D

Love,
Georg :)
georgschiller

Postby Mira » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi Georg,
Yes, international flights can indeed be a special way of bringing vasanas to the surface. Glad you've arisen like the phoenix :D.

Did you happen to see Swami Paramarthananda like you did last year? I am so enjoying his talks. Would love to meet him sometime.

Thanks for the update. Mira
Mira

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & UPDATES.

Login

User Menu