Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

What happened to Ted?

This includes our endorsed teachers. Non dual quotations by other teachers which fit well with vedanta are encouraged here.
Postings by other non dual teachers which show no direct relevance to the teachings of Vedanta, may be removed.

Moderator: milarepa

What happened to Ted?

Postby Tom » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:23 pm

Glad to see the forum back up and running :D

Does anyone know what's happened to Ted? I wrote to him a few times in the past and found him very helpful and really like his book.
It seems all reference to him has been removed from the shining world site including all his satsangs, some of which were really useful! Would be nice to have some idea what caused this specially when you have talked to someone in the past.
Tom

Re: What happened to Ted?

Postby Stan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:41 am

Hi Tom,

Good to see you back again. :-)
From what I can ascertain, James asked Ted to take a temporary break from shiningworld and work on certain values for a while. I believe it is related to a sampradaya issue.

They are still on very good terms and James told him to keep writing the satsangs and to stay in touch.

I feel sure that if you write to Ted, he`ll explain the `issue` to you. He`s a great guy ! I don`t know all of the ins and outs so, please contact Ted.
Thanks.
Stan

Postby Tom » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Stan
Thanks for the reply. That's good to know :)
Tom

Postby Anna » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Interesting, I wrote Ted about two weeks ago and did not get a reply back, which I thought was odd, since he usually wrote me back the next day. I figured he was on vacation or something.

I didn't realize until this thread that all his satsangs were removed from here, that doesn't make sense.
Anna

Postby Stan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:31 am

Hi Anna,

I think you should write to Ted again as it may be a `one-off` that he didn`t get back to you.
If you still say he isn`t replying, I`ll get on to James to clear things up.
Ted`s website is still up and I believe that his shiningworld satsangs are posted there too.

http://www.nevernotpresent.com/category/satsangs/

Thanks Anna.
Stan

Postby Anna » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Apparently, it was a "one-off" I wrote Ted again and he replied the next day, as usual.
Anna

Return to VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Login

User Menu