Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Dalai Lama

This includes our endorsed teachers. Non dual quotations by other teachers which fit well with vedanta are encouraged here.
Postings by other non dual teachers which show no direct relevance to the teachings of Vedanta, may be removed.

Moderator: milarepa

Dalai Lama

Postby Mira » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:08 am

I had the chance to see the Dalai Lama recently. And it was an absolute delight. He has an infectious laugh and even though he gave a serious enough talk on morality and faith---it was so filled with humor, love and engagement.

Over and over again, (when asked about his spirituality in different ways) he gave the answer that "peace of mind" was most precious to him. He also said that he was a disciple of the ancient Indian sadhus and sages and he had learned a lot from their psychological insights. Given that he has lived in India for over 65 years, it was really interesting to see how immersed and influenced he was by Indian spirituality.

It was really cool to see how child-like he was in his delight in maya and how little ego he has for a world leader who packs stadiums like a rock star. There has been some discussion of enlightenment sickness recently in the forum and unlike so many fallen gurus--there was no trace of enlightenment sickness with the Dalai Lama at all.

I've never met Ramji but I had the feeling that he and the Dalai Lama would get on well. They both exude knowledge, grace, love and humor but also have a no-nonsense, practical attitude towards spirituality.

Would love to hear of any one else's impressions of the Dalai Lama or his talks etc..

Hope everyone is doing well!
Mira
Mira

Re: Dalai Lama

Postby Anja » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:49 pm

Mira wrote:I had the chance to see the Dalai Lama recently. And it was an absolute delight. He has an infectious laugh and even though he gave a serious enough talk on morality and faith---it was so filled with humor, love and engagement.

Over and over again, (when asked about his spirituality in different ways) he gave the answer that "peace of mind" was most precious to him. He also said that he was a disciple of the ancient Indian sadhus and sages and he had learned a lot from their psychological insights. Given that he has lived in India for over 65 years, it was really interesting to see how immersed and influenced he was by Indian spirituality.

It was really cool to see how child-like he was in his delight in maya and how little ego he has for a world leader who packs stadiums like a rock star. There has been some discussion of enlightenment sickness recently in the forum and unlike so many fallen gurus--there was no trace of enlightenment sickness with the Dalai Lama at all.

I've never met Ramji but I had the feeling that he and the Dalai Lama would get on well. They both exude knowledge, grace, love and humor but also have a no-nonsense, practical attitude towards spirituality.

Would love to hear of any one else's impressions of the Dalai Lama or his talks etc..

Hope everyone is doing well!
Mira

Well...the Dalai Lama isn't what he seem and/or pretends to be. And here is prove for that.
What follows is a video, in which a young woman asks the Dalai Lama what can be done to make people more compassionate. And what he replied to this lovely and respectful young woman is, IMO, unbelievably nasty, un-holy and dump.

Imagine what James Swartz would have answered instead, and you maybe will know what the difference between James and the Dalai Lama is.

Is the Dalai Lama a Fraud? :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlWrpR1tBXA

Also:

The Truth About the Dalai Lama :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie7RB5rOV7Q
Anja

Return to VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Login

User Menu