Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Best video set by James Swartz

This includes our endorsed teachers. Non dual quotations by other teachers which fit well with vedanta are encouraged here.
Postings by other non dual teachers which show no direct relevance to the teachings of Vedanta, may be removed.

Moderator: milarepa

Best video set by James Swartz

Postby georgschiller » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:30 am

Hi everybody,

There are quite a few videos by James Swartz. Can you tell us what is your favorite video set?

Thanks,
Georg
georgschiller

Re: Best video set by James Swartz

Postby Vinay » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:20 am

My favourite Video set would be the pre 2011-12 Self Inquiry videos from Tiru. I don't think it's available any longer in the shop section.

2nd favourite would be Bhagavad Gita and then Vivekachudamani.
Vinay

Postby Mira » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi Vinay,
Is that the same as the 2011 audio of the Bhagvad Gita talks at Tiru available on the website under resources/media section?

Thanks,
Mira
Mira

Postby Vinay » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi Mira,

Are you asking about the Self Inquiry (SI) videos or the BG videos?

I purchased the SI video set in Jan 2012. In those days the videos used to come in CD form and no date was mentioned. And the SI video set I have contains videos from two different years. I know that because in one video Ramji mentions that he has just finished writing HTAE, and HTAE was published in 2009. So some videos in it are quite old.

The BG videos I have are from Tiru 2012.
Vinay

Postby Mira » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi Vinay.
I was asking about the BG. Currently, I'm listening to the BG audio from Tiru 2011 on the website and it's really great. For example, I had no idea about the symbolism underlying characters in the Mahabharata but Ramji explains it so well. Really great stuff.

Thanks again,
Mira
Mira

Postby eadenshantay » Mon May 16, 2016 8:28 am

Just concluded a deep immersion into the Vedanta full audio set from Shiningworld, which included five 2012 seminars: Gita from Tiru, Vivekachudamani, Aparokshanubhuti, Atma Bodh and Self Inquiry. I listened to each two or three times and the teachings kept revealing more and more. Amazing how one seminar supported the understanding presented in another. Anyone care to share your favorite James' audio and video. I prefer the audio as I can listen to my ipod when and wherever.

Please share your favorites: what rocked you?

Thanks, Eaden
eadenshantay

Postby Stan » Mon May 16, 2016 10:23 am

Hi Eaden,

Welcome to the forum. It`s good to have you with us. :-)

That`s quite a question you`ve left us with. For me it`s panchadasi Tiru 2015 without a doubt. I love them all because, as you say, they are all interconnected and eventually form one complete panorama of self knowledge.

I see you`re not averse to putting in some solid work...those qualifications must be coming along nicely !

Which is your favourite audio/vid ?
Stan

Postby eadenshantay » Mon May 16, 2016 11:30 am

Hi Stan,

thanks for the welcome. The 2012 Tiru Gita was really incredible. I preferred it to the free 2011 Tiru Gita offered on the website. I also loved Aparokshanubhuti - much more concise and focused on Jnana versus Karma. I will check out the Panchadasi Tiru 2015. It's pretty amazing to be able to immerse in 6 or 8 weeks of teachings in Tiru in the comforts of my home. The more I listen to James the more I appreciate him.

Thanks again, Eaden
eadenshantay

Postby eadenshantay » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:45 pm

I've been diving deep into the Panchadasi 2015 from Tiru. I am enjoying the stories, satsangs and teachings. I spent many years in the neo world with Eli and Gangji and now to find this complete teaching, I feel so much gratitude. I look forward to being with the community and James in Trout Lake this summer. Love Eaden
eadenshantay

Return to VEDANTA TEACHERS AND Non Dual Teachings.

Login

User Menu