Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

PERSONAL INTRODUCTIONS

Hi

This is the place to tell us something about yoursef, about your history and how you found Shiningworld and James (Ramji) Swartz.

Moderator: Wayne

Hi

Postby DavidVedanta » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 pm

I am David from Norway. I found Shiningworld in november 2014,when a person in Norway shared a link to Westerwald 2014 Self-Inquiry teachings of James Swartz. I had wanted some years to go more in depth in traditional Vedanta,because I got inspired from Heisenberg and Schrødinger when they said they studied Vedas and Vedanta. Quantum mechanics has always fascinated me since 90s.

Perfect timing for me when Vedanta came into my life. I loved it immiedately when listening to James and did not doubt so much the methodology etc. It was easy to realize who I am(I have disciplined the mind for many years and also had ayurvedic attitude towards my diet and health),but of course working on nididhyasana is the toughest part and still integrating and assimilating the teaching. Gunas management is very helpful.

I put almost everything on the shelf about my beliefs from shamanism and new age-chapter in my past in 2013-2014 when I was into Zen buddhism and Mindfulness + ayurveda. I also went to Science and nonduality conference in USA,California in 2013 and 2014. Beginners Mind was a big step for me to get rid of useless spirituell baggage.

I have been to Amsterdam 2015, Norway 2016, Tiru 2017 and Spain 2018 in seminars with James Swartz.

Best regards
David
DavidVedanta

Re: Hi

Postby Stan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum, you are very much amongst friends judging by your `story` and connection with vedanta.
You said in the `getting to know you` section...

-How obsessed are you with Vedanta (scale 1-10; 1-have heard about it; 10-watch Ramji videos all the time).

" I think 11 or 12. :mrgreen: "

I think you have a problem in that you are not devoted enough to vedanta .
Just joking ! Ha ha .... I really loved that "11 or 12" :D

Thanks for telling us about yourself. We`re very happy to have you with us and look forward to some more input from you. :-)
Stan

Postby Wayne » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Great to get to know ya a bit David!
So how do I live my life? ‘Be’ the absolute reality and enjoy the appearing-reality. Simple.

Ramiji
Wayne

Postby Mira » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi David,
Welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading your introduction. That's so cool that you've been to so many of Ramji's seminars.

I've always been curious about the atmosphere of a live event (vs. reading the books or seeing the videos). Do you feel that the knowledge sinks in better?

Great to have you onboard!
Best, Mira
Mira

Postby DavidVedanta » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:01 pm

Mira wrote:I've always been curious about the atmosphere of a live event (vs. reading the books or seeing the videos). Do you feel that the knowledge sinks in better?

Thanks for feedback all of you 8-)

It is a very sattvic atmosphere in the seminar. Maybe the devotion of Vedanta or self-knowledge is bigger in such satsang/seminar? Especially when I was in India one month. That was very nice to observate. Also 2 weeks in Spain with Gunas management - teaching. Really great.
DavidVedanta

Postby DavidVedanta » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:02 pm

I think you have a problem in that you are not devoted enough to vedanta .
Just joking ! Ha ha .... I really loved that "11 or 12" :D

:lol:
DavidVedanta

Return to PERSONAL INTRODUCTIONS

Login

User Menu