Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

PERSONAL INTRODUCTIONS

Hello all

This is the place to tell us something about yoursef, about your history and how you found Shiningworld and James (Ramji) Swartz.

Moderator: Wayne

Hello all

Postby Turiya » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm

Well I’m venturing in here at last, after the switch to this medium over from Facebook. I have been reluctant to visit the forum as I’m not as familiar with this format, as I am with Facebook groups.

I’m still working out how to find the index of the forum as even that doesn’t seem easy. It’s not featured on the drop down menu of the top menu bar where it says forum. So...hopefully it’ll all get easier. Posting from my phone to this topic is even tricky as it’s quite small and atypical. Hopefully it won’t time out before I’m finished writing, as can sometimes also happen in some places.

Ah.... that I went to collect the questions posted by someone else, and then realised that I shouldn’t have started a new topic under personal introductions, but rather written a reply on the relevant topic thread ;)

I’ll get the hang of this! (Perhaps better done on a laptop than a phone.)

Until I get to that, I will officially introduce myself as Turiya (sannyas name and preferred) but also known as Jeanne on Facebook.

Very pleased to be here
Turiya

Re: Hello all

Postby Wayne » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:52 pm

Hiya Turiya!

Welcome to the forum!

The board index should be on the leftish side of the forum. There is a 'house' icon, and the words 'board index' next to it.

Great to have ya on board,

Warmest wishes

Wayne
So how do I live my life? ‘Be’ the absolute reality and enjoy the appearing-reality. Simple.

Ramiji
Wayne

Postby Mira » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi Turiya,
Welcome to the forum! I love your screen name :D.

I've never posted to the forum from my phone--so I can't help out. I just use the computer and it works very well with the forum format.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Best, Mira
Mira

Postby DavidVedanta » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Welcome. Turiya is really a nice name. Ever present and unchanging Consciousness/Self 8-)
DavidVedanta

Postby Stan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:02 am

Hi Turiya,

Welcome to the forum ! i`m sure you`ll get the hang of finding your way around here pretty soon. If you have any problems with using the forum, don`t be afraid to ask for help ....we can soon point you in the right direction.

You can readily find the `board index` by checking out the top and bottom left corners of any yellow page you`re on.
I think we have a good 2 hours for posting so you shouldn`t time out. you can also save what you have written so far for later on.

If you`re unsure where to put your post, just put it under " general discussion" and it will get `tidied` to the best place by one of us mods. no problem.

One last thing, if you want to follow new topics, please click on "subscribe" at the bottom left of a new topic. you will then get email notifications of a new post appearing in that topic.

I think that basically covers it Turiya, welcome aboard ! :D
Stan

Postby Turiya » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:58 am

Ah thank you all! :D

I see the board index below. Don’t yet see the subscribe button (for new threads) but thanks for pointing out that feature Stan. It’s useful and important. Glad to be here.
Turiya

Postby Stan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Turiya,

You will find the `subscribe` option at the bottom left hand corner of a Topic that is new to you or you have not yet subscribed to.

It does not appear for you if you have started a post as it is assumed that you would want to see any replies.

So, if you click on a topic that is new to you, you will get a yellow page and the subscribe option is at the bottom left.

Don`t worry, there are only a few things you need to know in order to zip around the forum.
Just a bit of familiarity really.
Stan

Return to PERSONAL INTRODUCTIONS

Login

User Menu