Welcome Anonymous !

This forum is intended to give the members of the ShiningWorld community a place to meet and discuss Vedanta among themselves. We do not endorse any of the views or opinions expressed here--unless they are made by one of our endorsed teachers--so please take advice and / or teaching from another member of the forum at your own risk. If you feel you have a question that is not being adequately answered in this forum, please contact one of our endorsed teachers directly.

PERSONAL INTRODUCTIONS

Something to share

This is the place to tell us something about yoursef, about your history and how you found Shiningworld and James (Ramji) Swartz.

Moderator: Wayne

Something to share

Postby TomKazula » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Same story. Strong mumukshutva since childhood (what the hell is all this about?!I cant live my life not knowing what is all this about!!!). Strong nondual experiences after LSD and magic mashrooms (my first gurus), 15 years of yoga, healing and spiritual seeking (every spiritual path possible) . Then one day--- Vedanta!!! Shining World!!! Ramji!!! That was 6 years ago. Here is what I want to share, what helped me a lot. First- I purchased/ downloaded all Ramji's satsang ever made, I uploaded it to my phone/earphones and I listen to it for the last 6 years, almost nonstop :-) sometimes even when sleeping. Mind , is like a computer, you just upload whatever you want, so upload vedanta until annoying vasanas burn out. Its not just mindless listening. It includes reflection and contemplation but even when you fall asleep or are too tired to pay attention its still hammering your mind with vedanta. Bonus benefit- these satsangs are made in very satvic environment so after some time you go into samadhi just from listening. You just play it and mind gets fixed on awareness right away because topic is always, every moment of it -YOU!
Second thing i want to share- As health practitioner I found that our rajasic and tamasic vasanas,are closely related to our toxicity level. Everyone knows that e.g. fasting, purifies the mind by burning off toxins but its difficult to fast and not everyone can do it . There are herbs and foods that can greatly speed up purification process and energize the mind for better assimilation of knowledge. High quality reishi mushroom is the most powerful tonic for purification, spiritual practice and overall health. Other good ones are Holy Basil (Tulsi) extract, Triphala, Ginger, other medicinal mushrooms (chaga, maitaki...) , sea vegetables,high dose of vit c, turmeric extract, german chamomile and huge amount of green leafy vegetables. Good luck!
TomKazula

Re: Something to share

Postby Wayne » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:22 am

Hi Tom,

Was really interesting to hear some of your journey. Can resonate with portions of it also bro.

Many thanks for posting,

Wayne
So how do I live my life? ‘Be’ the absolute reality and enjoy the appearing-reality. Simple.

Ramiji
Wayne

Postby georgschiller » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 am

Hi Tom!

Very interesting!

I like to listen to Ramji and read Swami Paramarthananda's transcripts of the Gita!

Can you elaborate on the herbs? I have been drinking self-brewed Kombucha (with added ginger) for the past 3 months and see some nice side effects (better skin, no colds, etc.).

What do you think about Kombucha? Have you heard about it in relation to purification?

Live and Love :mrgreen:

Georg
georgschiller

Postby TomKazula » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 am

Hi Georg

Nice to meet you! I love Kombucha too and used to make it. I love the taste but It is not a satvic drink. 1. You will never get rid of all the sugar, sugar is a stimulant/ rajasic. 2. White tea/Green tea is astingent, stimulant/ rajasic. 3. Alkohol content from 0.5%-2% (light beer is 4%-tamasic) 4. Its a fermented drink (tamasic). Its a good substitute for alcoholic beverages-I often take it to parties. Its also good for very tamasic/ kapha dominant people with bad digestion and for people with sustance abuse problem. For similar benefits-digestion, detox- I recommend -Bitters and digestive tonics. I make my own digestive tonic sauce for cooking and good health by blending lemon juice, turmeric root, ginger root, soy sauce, sea salt, peppers and other satvic herbs. Makes all food taste delicious, you can add it to everything or drink straight.
TomKazula

Postby georgschiller » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you Tom!

I enjoyed reading your detailed knowledge on beverages.

I must admit that I didn't consider Kombucha as tamasic. I considered it as pure life, as the strongest natural an cheapest probiotic available. A win win so to say.

When you consider it as tamasic and rajasic I am astonished because I feel neither tired nor overly active from drinking it and I drink half a liter everyday.

Well, I add ginger so maybe that balances out some of the Tamas and Rajas. Maybe...

Do you agree? How do you feel about what I said above Tom?
georgschiller

Postby TomKazula » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:41 am

Sure. I love it too. It has a long list of health benefits, organic acids and beneficial microorganisms. If it doesnt make you dull or too excited-enjoy! I just wouldn't use it before meditation or during fasting. Also -ferment it well to reduce sugar content.
TomKazula

Postby JayJaya » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 pm

TomKazula wrote:Same story. Strong mumukshutva since childhood (what the hell is all this about?!I cant live my life not knowing what is all this about!!!). Strong nondual experiences after LSD and magic mashrooms (my first gurus), 15 years of yoga, healing and spiritual seeking (every spiritual path possible) . Then one day--- Vedanta!!! Shining World!!! Ramji!!! That was 6 years ago. Here is what I want to share, what helped me a lot. First- I purchased/ downloaded all Ramji's satsang ever made, I uploaded it to my phone/earphones and I listen to it for the last 6 years, almost nonstop :-) sometimes even when sleeping. Mind , is like a computer, you just upload whatever you want, so upload vedanta until annoying vasanas burn out. Its not just mindless listening. It includes reflection and contemplation but even when you fall asleep or are too tired to pay attention its still hammering your mind with vedanta. Bonus benefit- these satsangs are made in very satvic environment so after some time you go into samadhi just from listening. You just play it and mind gets fixed on awareness right away because topic is always, every moment of it -YOU!
Second thing i want to share- As health practitioner I found that our rajasic and tamasic vasanas,are closely related to our toxicity level. Everyone knows that e.g. fasting, purifies the mind by burning off toxins but its difficult to fast and not everyone can do it . There are herbs and foods that can greatly speed up purification process and energize the mind for better assimilation of knowledge. High quality reishi mushroom is the most powerful tonic for purification, spiritual practice and overall health. Other good ones are Holy Basil (Tulsi) extract, Triphala, Ginger, other medicinal mushrooms (chaga, maitaki...) , sea vegetables,high dose of vit c, turmeric extract, german chamomile and huge amount of green leafy vegetables. Good luck!

Great share, Did a lot of fasting in the 80's mostly on juice. Makes it a bit easier, especially if you are on your own and need to take care of the basics of your life.....good advice about the herbs, connecting it with guna's Vasanas etc. I really relate to your application of listening to Vedanta and falling asleep with it still be absorbed while body sleeps....I did a similar thing after i left my teacher in Bombay i had many dialogues recorded and i played them over and over via iPod...it's a great way to keep the subtle body tuning in a satvic environment.....ShantiOm
JayJaya

Return to PERSONAL INTRODUCTIONS

Login

User Menu