Search & Read
What Is Maya?
Ram (James Swartz) - September, 2019
Maya: What Is It and What Does it Do?
- It Is an Unseen Power in Consciousness/Existence/Awareness.
- It Is Not the Same but It is Not Different From Awareness.
- It Is not Non-Existence, Because It Has an Effect.
- It Is Eternal. It Is Both Manifest and Unmanifest.
- It Is Not Real. It Does Not Stand Alone, and Knowledge Destroys It.
- It Is Not Unreal, Because You Experience It
- It Is Seemingly Real – It is Appearing Non-Existence
- It Is Not a Part of Existence/Awareness, but It Seems to Be a Part
- It Is Superimposed (Adhyasa) on Existence.
- It Superimposes Isvara and Jiva
- It Does Not Hide Awareness. It Is a "Small Fraction" of Awareness.
- It Makes the Impossible Possible. It Is a Great Wonder.
- It Is Inexplicable, Indescribable and Beginningless
- It Is Beautiful, Intelligent and Omniscient
- It Creates a Matter Mirror (Paraprakriti) That Reflects, Reverses and Borrows
- It Is a Vivarta Parinama, Not an Arambha Parinama
- It Controls Everything
- It Causes Samsara (Love of Objects, Becoming, Dependence, Lack of Discrimination)
- It Is a Revolving Wheel of Energy (Sattva, Rajas, Tamas) That Deludes
- It Creates in Three Stages